A semi-private diving trip for everybody!!!
For the experienced diver who wants to explore the array of dive sites in Kos/Pserimos we can arrange everything from a single day boat diving (2 dives in a day) to 4-5 days diving packages.
This year, because of the coronavirus COVID-19 global pandemic, we have adapted our daily program by offering semi-private boat diving trips. We dive in small groups with an Instructor as a dive leader.
The PADI professionals at our dive centre will introduce you to some of the best, famous and most popular sites! We chose our dive sites based on your interest, level of certification and weather conditions unless the dive site were set up in advance. If you have a special request, please inform us and we will try to accommodate.
1 day / 2 dives
- 115 € (1 day/2 boat dives)
- Dive certification. We accept all international diving certifications.
- Log book
- Minimum age of 10 years old
Due to the unpredictably of weather and changing sea conditions scheduled dive sites may change on the day. This is at the discretion of the captain.
If you wish to dive more than 1 day, please check our price list.
What is included:
- Boat charges
- Full diving equipment ( NO dive computers, Nitrox and underwater cameras).
- Full site briefing
- Dive Master or Instructor as guide
- 10 Lt or 12 Lt or even 15 Lt Steel tank available depending of your air consumption.
- DIN and/or INT fitting to all our tanks.
- 2 dives of 45 minutes each, in a group of 4 experienced divers with 1 Instructor or DM
- Standardized snacks and drinks on boat (payable on the boat). Money for: T-shirts, Sweatshirts.
What to bring
We recommend wearing your bathing suit under comfortable clothing and wearing sensible rubber soled walking shoes. A towel, sunglasses, and sunscreen are also suggested.
- Our boat is in Kos harbour, 50 meters away from the Dolphins roundabout. And she departs every morning, wind permit it and availability, except Sundays’ at around 10:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- In order for the diving trip with the boat to take place a minimum number of 4 divers is required.
- For your personal safety, all our divers must complete a medical statement and a COVID-19 health declaration form prior to commencing our daily diving program. If none of the listed conditions apply, you sign the form and are ready to start. If any of them affect you, as a safety precaution, a physician must examine you and sign a medical form that confirming that you’re fit to dive, dated within the last 12 months.
- Recommendations for flying after Scuba Diving: For 1 dive in a day the pre-flight time is 12 hours, For multiple dives in a day the pre-flight time is 18 hours and more.
- Liamis Dive Centre can supply all the necessary equipment, you don’t need to invest in any gear at all. Also Liamis Dive Centre is following high standards on diving and EN, HSE, and DIN specifications and W.H.O., Greek government and D.A.N. directions for Covid-19 pandemic.
Upon your arrival:
- You must arrive at the Liamis dive boat a minimum of 30 minutes before departure. Our boat is located in Kos harbour, 50 meters away from the Dolphins roundabout. And she departs every morning apart Sundays’ at around 10:00 a.m.
- Checking of diving certification and log book. If you forgot your diving card you just send us your full name and birth date in advance by an SMS at +306944295830 and we can track the certification number through PADI. Or you can have your certificate faxed over to their hotel or emailed to our mail; this will also be sufficient proof.
- Filling the medical statement (check Important note below).
- Setting up your gear.
During the journey:
- The journey to the dive sites takes around an hour.
- Full site briefing from your dive master or Instructor.
- Separation of “buddy” teams. Your guide, for the day, will pair you with another diver, and as best he/she can with someone of similar qualification, experience and air consumption. If there are odd numbers, you may end up pairing with your dive guide.
At the dive sites:
- Predive check.
- Buddy check.
- Entry techniques.
The dive sites:
- Dive time: 45+ minutes
- Depth: 16-24 metres.
- Visibility: up to 15 meters
- Water temperature: Water temperature: May 19℃ – 21℃, June 21℃ – 23℃, July 23℃ – 26℃ , August 25℃ – 27℃ , September 24℃ – 26℃
Complete description of our dive sites
- During your surface interval between dives (around 1-1.5 hour) we will give you a new tank for your 2nd dive (optional) and you will have enough time to relax, sunbathe or snorkel around the bay.
- Full site briefing.
- Predive check.
- Buddy check.
- Entry techniques.
2nd Dive: Enjoy another fun guided dive and explore a new dive site.
On our return:
- Signing and stamping log books.
Our day out with the boat is finishing when we arrive back to Kos harbor at around 17:00.
- Guests who want to snorkel and or dive must know how to swim.
- In order for the diving trip to take place with the boat, a minimum number of 4 divers is required.
- Guests must be able to step on / off boat, navigate a narrow passageway to reach the front deck, climb a ladder to come out of the sea.
- Guests who present symptoms or are deemed at risk of infection (e.g. due to exposure to a Covid-19 patient in the 14 previous days) will be refused permission to board the boat.
- Guests inside the boat will have to remain at a 1.5m distance from each other. One person maximum will be allowed in inside cabin, except for families of up to 4 people, and people with disabilities traveling with companions.
- We encourage our guests to wear masks or facial coverings, to wash/sanitize their hands before coming on board and during the journey and most and — most importantly — to inform us if they do not feel well.
- Customer-owned equipment should be rinsed elsewhere and not on our boat.
- We are not able to storage your owned diving equipment on our boat.
- Do not use our boat buckets to rinse masks or your diving equipment: rinse them in open water instead.
- We discourage the use of saliva to defog masks: preferably use your own defogging products.
- Ensure that masks, snorkels and second stages of preassembled equipment are protected, e.g. protecting them with bags to be removed only before use.
- We will not be providing drinks and snacks, so we encourage you to bring your own reusable water bottle and your favourite snacks. Make sure to keep a little corner in your bag for your trash.
- The crew have been trained to respond to potential coronavirus cases, and boat and equipment will be disinfected after completing each trip.
Frequently Asked Questions for Qualified Divers
- Q. How many dives can I make in one day?
- A. It is possible to make two dives in one day.
- Q. How long are the dives?
- A. This question varies according to the person in question. Usually we average about 45 minutes per dive. Again, body size, health habits and movement under water play into this.
- Q. Can I bring my own equipment with me?
- A. If you have your own equipment and don’t mind carrying it, it does make a lot of sense to bring it as you will be more familiar.