The PADI Open Water Diver offers you a unique way to enter the world of scuba diving. Watch, listen, read, scroll, tap and interact while you learn to scuba dive. It’s fun, it’s easy and with this powerful, tablet-based learning experience you complete all the dive theory in your on time. Once you arrive on Kos, you can focus only on the in-water training and exploring the beautiful underwater world in just 3 days!
- Local course price: 450 €
- e-learning & e-certification: 120 €
- Full Local Price: 570 €
- Pre-booking full price: 500 € (all included)
No hidden extra costs
- Minimum age 10 years
- Ability to swim 200m unaided and tread water to 10 minutes.
- Prior experience level: None.
- No flying for at least 24 hours from your last dive.
- Complete all the theory prior to your arrival.
- No serious health issues (ask to fill our medical statement).
- Boat charges.
- Dive Instructor
- Full diving equipment.
- 5 confined water dives.
- 4 open water dives.
- International diving e-card.
- Full snorkeling gear
Standardized snacks and drinks on boat (payable on the boat and depending of which boat we will use on the day).
Money for: your underwater photos and videos in a USB memory stick (25€) , or T-shirts, or Sweatshirts.
What to bring
We recommend wearing your bathing suit under comfortable clothing and wearing sensible rubber soled walking shoes. A towel, sunglasses, and sunscreen are also suggested.
Throughout this course, you will learn the fundamentals of scuba diving, including dive equipment and techniques.
What will you learn?
The PADI Open Water Diver Course consists of two main phases:
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills-5 shallow water dives.
- Open Water Dives-4 open water dives to use your skills and explore!
Knowledge Development: After you pre-book for the course, you will get access to the PADI Open Water e-learning online and offline versions. The PADI e-learning enables students to view the manual and videos offline, by downloading the products using the PADI App. To install the PADI App users must be using either an iPad, iPhone or other similar Android device. Students will be required to complete the viewing of the PADI e-learning videos and complete the knowledge reviews prior to arriving at our dive center. Upon arrival at our dive center we shall administer a Quick Review Quiz to ensure the student has understood the training material.
- Our boat is in Kos harbour, 50 meters away from the Dolphins roundabout. And she departs every morning, wind permit it and availability, at around 09:00 a.m.
- In order for the diving trip with the boat to take place a minimum number of 5 divers is required.
- For your personal safety, all our student divers must complete a medical statement prior to commencing our daily diving program. If none of the listed conditions apply, you sign the form and are ready to start. If any of them affect you, as a safety precaution, your physician must examine you and sign a medical form that confirming that you’re fit to dive, dated within the last 12 months.
- Recommendations for flying after Scuba Diving: For 1 dive in a day the pre-flight time is 12 hours, For multiple dives in a day the pre-flight time is 18 hours and more.
Frequently Asked Questions for O.W. Diver Course
- Q. How deep do you go?
- A. With the necessary training and experience, the limit for recreational scuba diving is 30 meters. During the PADI Open Water Diver course scuba divers stay shallower than about 18 meters. Although these are the limits, some of the most popular diving is no deeper than 12 meters where the water’s warmer and the colors are brighter. Certified Junior Open Water Divers aged 10-12 years may dive to 12m maximum depth, under the direct supervision of a PADI Divemaster, Assistant Instructor, Instructor or higher professional.
- Q. How long will my certification last?
- A. An Open Water certification is a lifetime certification. You won’t need to re-certify, however, it is recommended to keep practicing your skills and continue learning.
- Q. What is the minimum age to get certified to Open Water Diver course?
- A. The minimum age is 10 years old to be certified as a Junior Open Water Diver. Junior Open Water Divers must dive with a PADI professional until age 15, then they can upgrade to an Open Water Diver status.