Becoming a Rescue Diver is a truly rewarding experience! By helping to raise your awareness levels and increasing your alertness to others around you, when you are out on a dive the Rescue Diver course provides you with a feeling of confidence and a sense of responsibility. Your new status as a Rescue Diver will also give others a sense of reassurance that there is someone on hand who is well trained in emergency procedures.
- Local Course Price: 500 €
- e-learning & e-certification: 120 €
- Full Local Price: 620 €
- Pre-booking: 580 € (all included*)
PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent.
Minimum age 12 for Junior Rescue or 15 for Rescue Diver.
Before starting module 2 of the Rescue Diver course, it is necessary that you have completed an Emergency First Response course within the last 24 months, or an equivalent ‘accepted’ certification including primary care (CPR) and secondary care (First Aid).
Complete all the theory prior to your arrival.
Standardized snacks and drinks on boat (payable on the boat and depending of which of our boats we will use on the day).
Money for: your underwater photos and videos in a USB memory stick (25€) , or T-shirts, or Sweatshirts.
What to bring
We recommend wearing your bathing suit under comfortable clothing and wearing sensible rubber soled walking shoes. A towel, sunglasses, and sunscreen are also suggested.
During this course, you’ll learn how to foresee, prevent and manage potential diving accidents; from assisting a tired diver to handling possible emergency scenarios, you’ll practice applying the knowledge and skills that can make the difference in the unlikely event that problems do arise.
What will you learn?
The PADI Rescue Diver Course is a 3-4 days course.
Knowledge Development: After you pre-book for the course, you will get access to the PADI Rescue Diver e-learning online and offline versions. The PADI e-learning enables students to view the manual and videos offline, by downloading the products using the PADI App. To install the PADI App users must be using either an iPad, iPhone or other similar Android device. Students will be required to complete the viewing of the PADI e-learning videos and complete the knowledge reviews prior to arriving at our dive center. Upon arrival at our dive center we shall administer a Quick Review Quiz to ensure the student has understood the training material.
- Confined Water training
You will practise 10 exercises from ‘Tired diver on the surface’ to salvage operations from the boat or shore for non-responding divers. Don’t worry, your instructor will first demonstrate the skills for you.
- Open water sessions and Rescue Scenarios
Here in the sea, you will perform all the skills you’ve learnt in the confined water training session. You’ll be joining our day trip on the boat out to the sea. Here’s the fun part, throughout the day, your instructor will create some rescue scenarios for you to demonstrate your readiness and awareness as a Rescue Diver. To make the scenarios as realistic as possible, your instructor may even ask other instructors or boat crew to join in the act. Have fun!
- Our boat is in Kos harbour, 50 meters away from the Dolphins roundabout. And she departs every morning, wind permit it and availability, at around 09:00 a.m.
- In order for the diving trip with the boat to take place a minimum number of 5 divers is required.
- For your personal safety, all our student divers must complete a medical statement prior to commencing our daily diving program. If none of the listed conditions apply, you sign the form and are ready to start. If any of them affect you, as a safety precaution, your physician must examine you and sign a medical form that confirming that you’re fit to dive, dated within the last 12 months.
- Recommendations for flying after Scuba Diving: For 1 dive in a day the pre-flight time is 12 hours, For multiple dives in a day the pre-flight time is 18 hours and more.
- Guests who want to snorkel and or dive must know how to swim.
- In order for the diving trip to take place with the boat, a minimum number of 5 divers is required.
- The boat trip and/or the scheduled dives can cancelled due to the wind force and direction.
- In order to book with our dive boat, you will need to inform us at least 48 hours before and to give us your personal information, full name, home address, phone number and passport number to be able to take permission from the coast guard.
- Guests must be able to step on / off boat, navigate a narrow passageway to reach the front deck, climb a ladder to come out of the sea.
- Guests who present symptoms or are deemed at risk of infection, will be refused permission to board the boat.
- The crew have been trained to respond to potential coronavirus cases, and boat and equipment will be disinfected after completing each trip.