The PADI Advanced Open Water course enables you to increase your diving experience and knowledge under the expert guidance of your instructor, while visiting some of Aegean Sea’s best dive sites. To earn PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification, you complete five adventure dives and associated knowledge reviews. These must include Deep Diver and Underwater Navigation, plus three options that you select with your instructor. The course takes just three days.
2 to 3 days
5 boat dives
- Course Price: 440 €
- Pre Booking Price: 395 € *
- A PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- 15 years old (12 for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver).
- No serious health issues (ask to fill our medical statement and our Health declaration form / COVID-19 for diving).
- No flying for at least 24 hours from your last dive.
Some Adventure Dives may incur additional charges.
- Boat charges.
- Dive Instructor
- Full diving equipment.
- 5 adventure boat dives.
- International diving card.
- Full snorkeling gear
Standardized snacks and drinks on boat (payable on the boat). Money for: for your underwater photos and videos in a USB memory stick (20€) , or T-shirts, or Sweatshirts.
What to bring
We recommend wearing your bathing suit under comfortable clothing and wearing sensible rubber soled walking shoes. A towel, sunglasses, and sunscreen are also suggested.
The PADI Advanced Open Water course takes three days, the standard option is as follows:
- Theory: Before each dive we’ll ask you to read the appropriate section on the Adventures in Diving manual and complete the knowledge review. NO exam, you’ll be pleased to hear!!
- Boat dives: The 5 boat dives are completed over 3 days.
You will experience deeper diving and learn navigational skills in 2 of the dives with the last 3 dives being your choice (logistics permitting). These dives are specifically chosen to develop your diving skills and to deepen your knowledge about diving environment. They are also designed to lead you further on toward the next step which is a Rescue Diver level.
- Deep diving*
- Fish Identification
- Multilevel and Computer
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Underwater Naturalist
- Underwater Photography
- Enriched Air Nitrox**
* not available to divers aged 10 and 11 years
** not available to divers aged 10 to 14 years
- Our boat is in Kos harbour, 50 meters away from the Dolphins roundabout. And she departs every morning, wind permit it and availability, except Sundays’ at around 10:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- In order for the diving trip with the boat to take place a minimum number of 4 divers is required.
- For your personal safety, all our student divers must complete a medical statement and a COVID-19 health declaration form prior to commencing our daily diving program. If none of the listed conditions apply, you sign the form and are ready to start. If any of them affect you, as a safety precaution, a physician must examine you and sign a medical form that confirming that you’re fit to dive, dated within the last 12 months.
- Recommendations for flying after Scuba Diving: For 1 dive in a day the pre-flight time is 12 hours, For multiple dives in a day the pre-flight time is 18 hours and more.
If you have already completed parts of your course or PADI Specialities in another location you can get your final training and certification here. Please contact us for rates.
Frequently Asked Questions for Advanced O.W. Divers
- Q. How soon after being certified can I take the advanced course?
- A. You can take your Advanced Open Water Diver course immediately after completing your Open Water course.
- Q. What kinds of advanced certification are there?
- A. The next course after Open Water Diver course is the advanced certification. The intent of the course is to give you additional skills and knowledge that will make you a more skilled and capable diver. This course is usually a guided self-study course that combines reading and discussions with actual diving. There is a range of topics to choose from, many of which will make you a better and safer diver. These topics include underwater navigation, deep diving, peak and performance buoyancy, and more. Five dives are typically required to complete this course. Following advanced certification there are further courses, ranging from dive master all the way up to dive instructor.
- Q. Once I complete the Advanced Open Water course, am I qualified to engage in the types of dives I did during the course?
- A. Not necessarily. The Advanced Open Water gives you the experience of different environments and types of diving under the direction of an Instructor. It is more of a “sample” of what the corresponding Speciality course involves. Speciality diver courses will be anywhere from two to four dives in total, with the dives done during the Advanced class counting as the first dive in the related specialty. Your Instructor can give you more information on Speciality Diver Courses.