Gliding with the currents, watching the big pelagic fish move seemingly effortlessly up current, feeling the rush of flying underwater, is what drift diving is all about. Some of the best dives around the world are drift dives. Drift dives require slightly different procedures from diving from a moored boat.
A Drift Diver Speciality course will give you a greater comprehension of these procedures and an understanding of how to plan a drift dive. Knowing to handle currents, tides and weather will help you plan your dives more effectively.
- the planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of drift diving
- proper procedures for buoyancy-control, navigation and communication
- special equipment – floats, lines, reels
- site selection and overview of aquatic currents-causes and effects
- techniques for staying close to a buddy or together as a group
2 open water dives
1 day on the boat / 2 dives.
Inclusive of full equipment Local Price: 150€*
Pre Booking Course Price:135€
Certification fee: 45€
Drift Diver manual: 30 € (optional)
Open Water Diver, Junior Open Water or equivalent Older than 12 years
*The elective Drift Dive from the Advanced Open Water Diver course may be counted towards this specialty. You may also count this Speciality certification toward one of the five required Specialities for the Master Scuba Diver certification. If you want to fly underwater….
Snacks and drinks on boat trips (payable on the boat). Money for: CD for your underwater photos, T-shirts, Sweatshirts.
- For your personal safety, all student divers must complete a medical statement prior to commencing a dive. If none of the listed conditions apply, you sign the form and are ready to start. If any of them affect you, as a safety precaution, a physician must examine you and sign a medical form that confirming that you’re fit to dive, dated within the last 12 months. Click here to view the form.
- Our boat is in Kos harbour, 50 meters away from the Dolphins roundabout. And she departs every morning apart Sundays’ at around 10:00 a.m.
- Recommendations for flying after Scuba Diving: For 1 dive in a day the pre-flight time is 12 hours. For multiple dives in a day the pre-flight time is 18 hours and more.
- Spectators can join the boat with an additional fee of 20 €. They can sunbathe on our sundeck, swim in crystal clear waters, or even upgrade onboard to snorkelers or even try divers.
If you have already completed parts of your course in another location you can get your final training and certification here. Please contact us for rates.
Tips for Drift Scuba Diving
- Follow the three ‘S’ of drift diving: Surface float, Surface Supervision and Safety Sausage
- Watch that Depth Gauge like a hawk.
- Hug the Bottom