If you’re currently a PADI Advanced Open Water certified diver (or qualifying certification from another dive training agency) and you wish to pursue a professional path to becoming a PADI Divemaster, then we’ve developed the following PADI scuba internships to help you make your dream come true by embarking on a professional dive career. Our PADI diving internships include the PADI EFR/Rescue Diver course and the PADI Divemaster course.
If you have a PADI Advanced (or equivalent agency), then you can start with the PADI EFR/Rescue course and continue all the way through to PADI Divemaster in approximately 10 weeks. Our scuba diving internships are a great way to gain additional experience.
If you are short of the 40 dives, then we do include unlimited diving with our program as you need to have 40 logged dives to start the Divemaster course. So depending on how many dives you are short, we will scheduled a pre-week to the Divemaster program where you start getting involved in logging dives and improving essential dive skills like your buoyancy control and air consumption. This pre-week will take you up to the required 40 dives. We recommend an early reservation as we do have limited spaces/materials and small group sizes.
- 18 years old.
- The Open water diver certificate (or equivalent) and the Advanced Open water Diver certificate (or equivalent)
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
- ALL COURSES – EFR (Medic/CPR) , Rescue Diver, Boat Diver Speciality and Divemaster Courses.
- All PADI fees
- All Instructors fees.
- All the necessary materials up to Rescue Diver course.
- One free of charge specialty (Boat Diver Speciality)
- PADI fees for the specialty course.
- Discover Scuba Diving leadership.
- Great rates on Scuba Equipment.
- Operation of an air compressor.
- Principals of servicing dive equipment.
- Comprehensive Dive Centre business management training.
- While on the boat, 1 sandwich and 1 big bottle (1,5 lt) complimentary. Hot drinks as well.
- Liamis Dive Centre t-shirts and 1 Liamis Dive Centre sweater.
- Work experience.
- Minimum of 60 dives.
- Divemaster crew pack: 270 € (mandatory for any DM course and/or internship)
- Divemaster Application fees are not included (cost 110,40 €). They need to be paid directly to PADI by credit card. DSD Leader application fees is not included (cost 44,40€). They need to be paid directly to PADI by credit card.
- Diving medical insurance. DAN (Divers Alert Network) is highly recommended.
We can provide rental equipment (except for watches, dive computers, compasses and signaling devices) at no extra charge. We have Technosub, Apexs, Tusa, Bare equipment, in good condition and serviced on a regular basis by our authorised equipment technician. We do recommend that you have your own mask/snorkel, fins (close foot) and wet suit of 5 mm for comfort as well as hygiene reasons (though again, our equipment is always available). For trainees who are going on to complete their PADI Divemaster course and want to work in the dive industry, we highly recommend that you invest in your own set of scuba equipment. As a professional, this is both your uniform and work tools and as a diver, your safety and leisure equipment. Most dive centers and resorts will not hire a professional who does not have their own gear, or at the very least will expect you to invest in a set of equipment as a condition of employment. At Liamis Dive Centre we have a special equipment package that will kit you out from head to toe, with accessories, at an incredible price. This offer is for all candidates who are taking their Divemaster training with us. Please enquire for more information.