This course enables a PADI Scuba Diver certified diver to upgrade his/her rating to PADI Open Water Level.
The course is a mixture of academics, confined water dives and open water sessions and is completed in just 2 days. As a PADI Open Water Certified diver you can then enjoy buddy diving without the need of having an accompanying PADI professional and undertake dives to a depth of 18 metres.
- Course Price: 400 €
- Pre booking price 385 €
- 2 Confined Water Dives + 2 Open Water Dives
- Inclusive of full equipment
- Boat charges
- Minimum age 10 years
- Ability to swim 200m unaided and tread water to 10 minutes.
- Prior experience level: Scuba Diver certification.
- No serious health issues (ask to fill our medical statement).
- No flying for at least 24 hours from your last dive.
Combining dive theory, skills training and open water diving, this course is conducted by one of our highly experienced and enthusiastic staff.
Snacks and drinks on boat trips (payable on the boat). Money for: USB for your underwater photos, T-shirts, Sweatshirts.
What to bring
We recommend wearing your bathing suit under comfortable clothing and wearing sensible rubber soled walking shoes. A towel, sunglasses, and sunscreen are also suggested.
What does this qualification mean to me?
Your PADI Open Water certification allows you to dive to 18m maximum depth with a buddy of equal or greater experience, in conditions that are as good as (or better than) those in which you learned to dive. Children aged 10-14 years can earn the PADI Junior Open Water Diver certification. Certified Junior Open Water Divers aged 10-12 years may dive to 12m maximum depth, under the direct supervision of a PADI Divemaster, Assistant Instructor, Instructor or higher professional.
- Our boat is in Kos harbour, 50 meters away from the Dolphins roundabout. And she departs every morning, wind permit it and availability, except Sundays’ at around 09:30 a.m.
- For your personal safety, all our student divers must complete a medical statement prior to commencing our PADI dive courses. If none of the listed conditions apply, you sign the form and are ready to start. If any of them affect you, as a safety precaution, your physician must examine you and sign a medical form that confirming that you’re fit to dive, dated within the last 12 months.
- Recommendations for flying after Scuba Diving: For 1 dive in a day the pre-flight time is 12 hours, For multiple dives in a day the pre-flight time is 18 hours and more.