This is one of the most popular courses among our instructors. It opens your eyes to the amazing flora and fauna of the Aegean Sea. You will learn about the marine ecosystem, the life cycle of the posidonia fields and discover relationships between different underwater creatures that you never knew existed.
The Underwater Naturalist Speciality will give you a new perspective on diving and increase your appreciation of the underwater environment. Get to know your diving neighbors a little better and start to understand more about the aquatic realm. Be an ambassador for the preservation of our underwater world!!
- The planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of diving in different aquatic environments
- Factual information that dispels myths of potentially dangerous aquatic life
- An overview of basic aquatic life interactions and associations
- Diving technique used to help preserve bottom dwelling aquatic life and minimize aquatic life disturbance.
2 open water dives
1 day / 2 dives
- Inclusive of full equipment
- Local Price: 115,00 €
- Pre booking course price: 100,00 €
- Certification fee: 45 €
- U/W naturalist manual: 40 € (optional)
- Open Water Diver, Junior Open Water or equivalent
- Older than 10 years
*The elective Underwater Naturalist dive from the Advanced Open Water Diver course may count toward the certification requirements for this specialty. You may also count this Speciality certification toward one of the five required Specialities for the Master Scuba Diver certification. Interested in sea life? Then this course is for you!
Snacks and drinks on boat trips (payable on the boat). Money for: CD for your underwater photos, T-shirts, Sweatshirts.
- For your personal safety, all student divers must complete a medical statement prior to commencing a dive. If none of the listed conditions apply, you sign the form and are ready to start. If any of them affect you, as a safety precaution, a physician must examine you and sign a medical form that confirming that you’re fit to dive, dated within the last 12 months.
- Our boat is in Kos harbour, 50 meters away from the Dolphins roundabout. And she departs every morning apart Sundays’ at around 10:00 a.m.
- Recommendations for flying after Scuba Diving: For 1 dive in a day the pre-flight time is 12 hours. For multiple dives in a day the pre-flight time is 18 hours and more.
- Spectators can join the boat with an additional fee of 20 €. They can sunbathe on our sundeck, swim in crystal clear waters, or even upgrade onboard to snorkelers or even try divers.
If you have already completed parts of your course in another location you can get your final training and certification here. Please contact us for rates.