Becoming a Rescue Diver is a truly rewarding experience! By helping to raise your awareness levels and increasing your alertness to others around you, when you are out on a dive the Rescue Diver course provides you with a feeling of confidence and a sense of responsibility. Your new status as a Rescue Diver will also give others a sense of reassurance that there is someone on hand who is well trained in emergency procedures.
During this course, you’ll learn how to foresee, prevent and manage potential diving accidents; from assisting a tired diver to handling possible emergency scenarios, you’ll practice applying the knowledge and skills that can make the difference in the unlikely event that problems do arise.
What will you learn?
The PADI Rescue Diver Touch ™ Course is a 3-day course.
Knowledge Development: After you pre-book for the course, you will get access to the PADI Rescue Diver Touch™ online and offline versions. The PADI Touch™ enables students to view the manual and videos offline, by downloading the products using the PADI App. To install the PADI App users must be using either an iPad, iPhone or other similar Android device. Students will be required to complete the viewing of the PADI Touch™ videos and complete the knowledge reviews prior to arriving at our dive center. Upon arrival at our dive center we shall administer a Quick Review Quiz to ensure the student has understood the training material.
- Confined Water training
You will practise 10 exercises from ‘Tired diver on the surface’ to salvage operations from the boat or shore for non-responding divers. Don’t worry, your instructor will first demonstrate the skills for you.
- Open water sessions and Rescue Scenarios
Here in the sea, you will perform all the skills you’ve learnt in the confined water training session. You’ll be joining our day trip on the boat out to the sea. Here’s the fun part, throughout the day, your instructor will create some rescue scenarios for you to demonstrate your readiness and awareness as a Rescue Diver. To make the scenarios as realistic as possible, your instructor may even ask other instructors or boat crew to join in the act. Have fun!
Course price: 430 €
Pre-booking: 300 €
PADI Rescue Diver Certification Pak – Touch™ 145€
PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent.
Minimum age 12 for Junior Rescue or 15 for Rescue Diver.
Before starting module 2 of the Rescue Diver course, it is necessary that you have completed an Emergency First Response course within the last 24 months, or an equivalent ‘accepted’ certification including primary care (CPR) and secondary care (First Aid).
Complete all the theory prior to your arrival.
Snacks and drinks on boat trips (payable on the boat). Money for: CD for your underwater photos, T-shirts, Sweatshirts.
- For your personal safety, all student divers must complete a medical statement prior to commencing a dive. If none of the listed conditions apply, you sign the form and are ready to start. If any of them affect you, as a safety precaution, a physician must examine you and sign a medical form that confirming that you’re fit to dive, dated within the last 12 months.
- Our boat is in Kos harbour, 50 meters away from the Dolphins roundabout. And she departs every morning apart Sundays’ at around 10:00 a.m.
- Recommendations for flying after Scuba Diving: For 1 dive in a day the pre-flight time is 12 hours, For multiple dives in a day the pre-flight time is 18 hours and more.
- Spectators can join the boat with an additional fee of 20 €. They can sunbathe on our sundeck, swim in crystal clear waters, or even upgrade onboard to snorkelers or even try divers.