Get ready for a life changing experience!
1 day (2 dives).
115 € (2 dives)
Minimum Age: 10 years. Prior experience level: None
What is included:
Boat charges Full diving equipment Full site briefing 2 Dives with an Instructor to a max. depth of 12 meters. Full snorkeling gear. Extra: Snacks and drinks on boat trips (payable on the boat). Money for: your underwater photos and videos in a USB memory stick (20€), T-shirts, Sweatshirts.
- Our boat is located in Kos harbour, 50 meters away from the Dolphins roundabout. And she departs every morning apart Sundays’ at around 10:00 a.m.
- For your personal safety, all Discover Scuba Diving divers must complete a medical statement prior to commencing a dive. If none of the listed conditions apply, you sign the form and are ready to start. If any of them affect you, as a safety precaution, a physician must examine you and sign a medical form that confirming that you’re fit to dive, dated within the last 12 months.
- Recommendations for flying after Scuba Diving: For 1 dive in a day the pre-flight time is 12 hours. For multiple dives in a day the pre-flight time is 18 hours and more.
- Spectators can join the boat with an additional fee of 20 €. They can sunbathe on our sundeck, swim in crystal clear waters, or even upgrade onboard to snorkelers or even try divers .
Participating on our PADI Discover Scuba Diving you will complete the following in our tranquil bay:
- Receive a briefing about the types of equipment you will be using as well as breathing rules and safety procedures and tell you what you will be doing. Usually this is done by viewing a flip chart, with easy to understand pictures and clear text, as well as the instructor delivering information in a language you can understand.
- Your instructor then helps you into equipment and adjusts it to fit you correctly.
- Your Instructor shows you how to breathe underwater and swim in shallow water; again you can stand up in.
- Once comfortable you then you will learn some underwater skills (listed below), they will be required for certification.
- BCD inflation and deflation at the surface
- Breathing underwater
- Regulator clearing
- Regulator recovery
- Mask clearing
- Equalization techniques
- Hand signals and underwater communication
- Relaxation techniques
The dive: Now you feel like a real scuba diver. When you are comfortable with this, we dive around the end of the bay into a beautiful area with great rock formations where you will see some different species of marine life. You will reach a maximum depth of 12 mtrs, and whilst this might sound a lot deeper, the water is still lovely and clear and you will not notice the increase in depth, but you will be thrilled with the views you have of the open sea. Plus, you can get credit! Your experience counts toward to PADI Scuba Diver or Open Water Diver certification, putting you a step ahead of the game when you decide to go for it. After this experience you will no doubt appreciate why over half a million people each year decide to complete a full PADI certification course. Why not join them? Your next step would be to enroll on either PADI Scuba Diver course or PADI Open Water Diver Course . Our Instructors will be happy to talk to you about your options.
Frequently Asked Questions for DSD
- Q. How long does it take to become a certified Scuba diver?
- A. PADI courses are “performance based” which means that you qualify when you demonstrate that you’ve mastered the required skills and knowledge. Some people learn faster than others so how long it takes may vary. The PADI Open Water Diver course for beginners is typically split into five or six sessions with tremendous flexibility. The course can be scheduled over as little as four days. The PADI Scuba Diver course can be scheduled over as little as two days.
- Q. I participate in the Discover Scuba Diving program. What can I do next?
- A. Completion of the Discover Scuba Diving program can be counted as partial completion of the Open Water course (3 extra days) or your Scuba Diver course (1 extra day). The skills and experience gained in the PADI Discover Scuba Diving Program may be credited towards these courses.
- Q. How deep do I go?
- A. At your first dive the maximum depth is 5 metres in groups of 4 try divers with 2 Instructors and at your second dive your maximum depth is 12 meters with a direct supervision of a PADI instructor.