If you’ve always wanted to take scuba diving lessons, experience unparalleled adventure and see the world beneath the waves, this is where it starts. Get your scuba diving certification with the PADI Open Water Diver course – the world’s most popular and widely recognized scuba course. Millions of people have learned to scuba dive and gone on to discover the wonders of the aquatic world through this course.
Throughout this intensive course, you will learn the fundamentals of scuba diving, including dive equipment and techniques. You earn this certification by completing five confined water dives and five knowledge development sessions and by making four open water dives from our boat on the beautiful crystal clear water of the Aegean sea.
What will you learn?
The PADI Open Water Diver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development: 5 chapters of the PADI Open Water Diver Manual (independent study*, homework and on the boat). There are five modules and each concludes with a knowledge review. After checking them with your Instructor you will need to fill 4 multiple-choice answer quizzes of 10 questions. We will also show you a DVD video of each module. You will complete with the final exam with your instructor, it is a test with 50 questions.
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills-5 shallow water dives.
- Open Water Dives-4 open water dives to use your skills and explore!
* We strongly suggest that you do some of your reading and knowledge reviews before you arrive here in Kos island which will cut down the time that you need to spend during your holidays.
Course price: 480 €
Pre-booking : 380 €
Inclusive of full equipment
4 boat dives
Certification fee: 45 € + Open Water Diver manual: 60 € (mandatory)
Minimum age 10 years Ability to swim 200m unaided and tread water to 10 minutes.
Prior experience level: None.
Snacks and drinks on boat trips (payable on the boat). Money for: CD for your underwater photos, T-shirts, Sweatshirts.
- For your personal safety, all student divers must complete a medical statement prior to commencing a dive. If none of the listed conditions apply, you sign the form and are ready to start. If any of them affect you, as a safety precaution, a physician must examine you and sign a medical form that confirming that you’re fit to dive, dated within the last 12 months.
- Our boat is in Kos harbour, 50 meters away from the Dolphins roundabout. And she departs every morning apart Sundays’ at around 10:00 a.m.
- Recommendations for flying after Scuba Diving: For 1 dive in a day the pre-flight time is 12 hours, For multiple dives in a day the pre-flight time is 18 hours and more.
- Spectators can join the boat with an additional fee of 20 €. They can sunbathe on our sundeck, swim in crystal clear waters, or even upgrade onboard to snorkelers or even try divers.