Extend your bottom time and reduce your surface intervals with the PADI Enriched Air Nitrox course. Within 1 day you can be reaping the benefits ofLiamis Dive Center’s most popular specialty. Available whilst diving or as a dry course and using either computers or tables you will learn how to plan and conduct dives using Enriched Air up to 40% O2.
- Advantages and disadvantages of diving with enriched air
- Equipment for enriched air diving
- Oxygen exposure
- Oxygen analysis and obtaining enriched air fills
- Using enriched air dive computers
- Diving emergencies and enriched air
- Using the RDP with enriched air
- Using enriched air RDPs
- Managing oxygen exposure with the DSAT equivalent air depth and oxygen exposure tables
- Repetitive dive planning with the RDP and the oxygen exposure table
- Using formulas
Practical applications including 2 Pre-dive Simulations
1 day/ optional 2 dives (Not included)
Option 1 (non diving course)
- Price: 55 €
- Certification fee: 45 €
- Enriched air diver manual : 52 € (mandatory)
Option 2 (Diving course 2 dives/day)
- Inclusive of full equipment
- Course Price: 165,00 €
- Pre booking course price:150,00 €
- Certification fee: 45 €
- Enriched air diver manual: 52 € (mandatory)
- Open Water Diver or equivalent
- Older than 15 years
*The elective Enriched Air dive from the Advanced Open Water Diver course may count toward the certification requirements for this specialty. You may also count this Speciality certification toward one of the five required Specialities for the Master Scuba Diver certification.
Snacks and drinks on boat trips (payable on the boat). Money for: CD for your underwater photos, T-shirts, Sweatshirts.
- For your personal safety, all student divers must complete a medical statement prior to commencing a dive. If none of the listed conditions apply, you sign the form and are ready to start. If any of them affect you, as a safety precaution, a physician must examine you and sign a medical form that confirming that you’re fit to dive, dated within the last 12 months.
- Recommendations for flying after Scuba Diving: For 1 dive in a day the pre-flight time is 12 hours. For multiple dives in a day the pre-flight time is 18 hours and more.
- Our boat is in Kos harbour, 50 meters away from the Dolphins roundabout. And she departs every morning apart Sundays’ at around 10:00 a.m.
- Spectators can join the boat with an additional fee of 20 €. They can sunbathe on our sundeck, swim in crystal clear waters, or even upgrade onboard to snorkelers or even try divers.
If you have already completed parts of your course in another location you can get your final training and certification here. Please contact us for rates.
Tips for the Nitrox Diver
- Find a dive center you can trust. If you thought getting air from a reputable dive center was important, getting an enriched air fill from a reputable blender is even more important. Look for a dive center with certified blenders and dependable analyzers. Make sure they are using all of the documentation techniques you learned in your PADI Enriched Air Diver course.
- Get a nitrox-enabled dive computer. The biggest drawback to enriched air diving is dive planning. A nitrox dive computer makes enriched air diving easier and safer.
- Become an expert with your dive computer. Making mistakes with your dive computer when diving enriched air can lead to serious accidents. Make sure you know how to use your dive computer. This means knowing how to properly set the FO2 (fraction of oxygen) and PO2 (partial pressure of oxygen). It also means understanding alerts for exceeding maximum operating depths and maximum oxygen exposure.