Float effortlessly, drifting over reefs. Be the diver you want to be, with ultimate buoyancy control, able to hover close to the bottom and examine underwater organisms without touching them. Buoyancy skills separate the good divers from the great divers. In the Peak Performance Buoyancy Speciality course, you will learn to how to precisely weight yourself for optimum control, poise and balance.
Buoyancy skills separate the good divers from the great divers. In the Peak Performance Buoyancy Speciality course, you will learn to how to precisely weight yourself for optimum control, poise and balance. You learn to ascend and descend so effortlessly, it seems like you only think about it and it happens.
You learn to ascend and descend so effortlessly, it seems like you only think about it and it happens. By mastering streamlining, you move through the water cleanly, efficiently and gracefully. You swim near fragile environments without harm to them or yourself.
- Buoyancy fundamentals, weighting and adjustments
- Streamlining, balance and trim
- Fine tuning buoyancy and mastering hovering
2 open water dives
1 day / 2 dives
- Inclusive of full equipment
- Course Price: 115,00 €
- Pre booking course price:100,00 €
- Certification fee: 45 €
- PPB manual: 35 € (optional)
- Open Water Diver, Junior Open Water or equivalent
- Older than 10 years
*The elective Peak and Performance Buoyancy dive from the Advanced Open Water Diver course may be counted towards this specialty. You may also count this Speciality certification toward one of the five required Specialities for the Master Scuba Diver certification
Snacks and drinks on boat trips (payable on the boat). Money for: CD for your underwater photos, T-shirts, Sweatshirts.
- For your personal safety, all student divers must complete a medical statement prior to commencing a dive. If none of the listed conditions apply, you sign the form and are ready to start. If any of them affect you, as a safety precaution, a physician must examine you and sign a medical form that confirming that you’re fit to dive, dated within the last 12 months.
- Our boat is in Kos harbour, 50 meters away from the Dolphins roundabout. And she departs every morning apart Sundays’ at around 10:00 a.m.
- Recommendations for flying after Scuba Diving: For 1 dive in a day the pre-flight time is 12 hours. For multiple dives in a day the pre-flight time is 18 hours and more.
- Spectators can join the boat with an additional fee of 20 €. They can sunbathe on our sundeck, swim in crystal clear waters, or even upgrade onboard to snorkelers or even try divers.
If you have already completed parts of your course in another location you can get your final training and certification here. Please contact us for rates.
Tips for Better Buoyancy
- A good place to start is with the right BCD since different models provide different amounts of lift. Coldwater scuba divers wear different wetsuits and more weight than tropical scuba divers and the BCD they wear need to be appropriate to the activity.
- Wearing the right amount of weight is essential to achieving buoyancy superstar status. When weighted properly and holding a normal breath, you should float at eye level. Then you’ll be able to sink slowly below the surface feet first when you relax and fully exhale, making sure you’ve dumped all the air out of your BC as well as out of your lungs. If you’re using a full scuba tank when you do this check, then add 2.5kg/5lbs to offset the air you use up while diving. These types of peak performance buoyancy skills are the basis for easy scuba diving.
- Note the word ‘slowly.’ If you sink like a stone then you’re wearing too much weight! On the other hand if you and your BCD are fully exhaled and your head’s still above water, try adding a few weights.