The Open Water Diver certification is the 1st complete PADI certification you can earn and the most chosen course for future divers worldwide. This license is the most recognized in the dive industry and will allow you to dive anywhere in the world, independent of professional supervision, to a maximum depth of 18 meters.
Throughout this course, you will learn the fundamentals of scuba diving, including dive equipment and techniques. You earn this certification by completing five confined water dives and by making four open water dives from our boat on the beautiful crystal clear water of the Aegean Sea.
What will you learn?
The PADI Open Water Diver Course Lite consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge Development: After you pre-book for the course, you will get access to the PADI Open Water manual (ebook) online and offline versions*. You fill the knowledge reviews on your own from chapter 1-5. On the boat you will watch the PADI Open Water Diver VIDEO and your instructor will check the knowledge reviews and fill the quizzes on the first day of the course. You will complete with the final exam with your instructor, it is a test with 50 questions.
- Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills-5 shallow water dives.
- Open Water Dives-4 open water dives to use your skills and explore!
Course price: 450 €
Pre-booking : 360 €
Inclusive of full equipment
4 Boat Dives
PADI open Water Certification Pak – Lite (e-book and certification fee) 85€
Minimum age 10 years Ability to swim 200m unaided and tread water to 10 minutes.
Prior experience level: None.
* We strongly suggest that you do some of your reading and knowledge reviews before you arrive here in Kos island which will cut down the time that you need to spend during your holidays.
Snacks and drinks on boat trips (payable on the boat). Money for: CD for your underwater photos, T-shirts, Sweatshirts.
- For your personal safety, all student divers must complete a medical statement prior to commencing a dive. If none of the listed conditions apply, you sign the form and are ready to start. If any of them affect you, as a safety precaution, a physician must examine you and sign a medical form that confirming that you’re fit to dive, dated within the last 12 months.
- Our boat is in Kos harbour, 50 meters away from the Dolphins roundabout. And she departs every morning apart Sundays’ at around 10:00 a.m.
- Recommendations for flying after Scuba Diving: For 1 dive in a day the pre-flight time is 12 hours, For multiple dives in a day the pre-flight time is 18 hours and more.
- Spectators can join the boat with an additional fee of 20 €. They can sunbathe on our sundeck, swim in crystal clear waters, or even upgrade onboard to snorkelers or even try divers.