If you elect to take the four-week option you should bear in mind that although the prerequisite for starting a course is 40 dives, we will not be able to certify you as a divemaster until you have logged 60. We therefore recommend that you should have logged around 50 dives prior to your arrival, and that you have completed the required reading: manual and encyclopedia.
1. Knowledge of Diving Theory and Principles
There is 9 knowledge reviews and a final exam of 120 questions on the following subjects:
- Divemaster Conducted Programs.
- Supervising Certified Divers.
- Assisting with Student Divers in Training.
- Dive skills and the Environment.
- Decompression Theory and the Recreational Dive Planner.
2. Watermanship and Skill Assessment
- Watermanship and Skill Assessment.
- Diving skills polished and evaluated to demonstration quality.
- Problem Solving Exercise.
- Diver Rescue Skills brought up to demonstration quality
- Course Price: 800 €
- Pre-Booking Course Price: 680 €
- Dive Master crew pack: 270 € (mandatory for any DM course and/or internship)
- 18 years old.
- Advanced Open Water Diver (or equivelant).
- Rescue Diver (or equivelant).
- Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care (or equivelant) course completion within the past 24 months.
- 50 dives to begin the course (4 weeks course) and 60 for certification.
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months.
* The course does not include equipment rental. PADI Divemaster candidates should normally have their own diving equipment. Missing items may be rented from us, for a supplement. Dive Master application fees are not included (cost 110,40 €). They need to be paid directly to PADI by credit card. DSD Leader application fees is not included (cost 44,40€). They need to be paid directly to PADI by credit card.
Snacks and drinks on boat trips (payable on the boat). Money for: CD for your underwater photos, T-shirts, Sweatshirts.