This course enables you to get the most out of your unique underwater pictures. With the Digital Underwater Photography Speciality course you will learn how to take full advantage of digital technology to capture perfectly the underwater world with your camera and computer.
You will learn about cameras and housings, underwater photography techniques and making the most out of your pictures on a computer. This Speciality is also open to snorkellers.
- the planning, organization, procedures, techniques, problems and hazards of underwater-photography diving
- photographic principles, composition, flash/available light photography and camera-handling techniques
- the preparation, care and maintenance of photographic equipment
2 open water dives
1 day / 2 dives
Inclusive of full equipment Local Price: 120,00 €
Pre booking course price: 100,00 €
(camera not included available for purchase or rental at Liamis Dive Centre)
Certification fee: 45 €
DUP Diver manual: 40 € (mandatory)
Open Water Diver, Junior Open Water or equivalent Older than 10 years Snorkelers are also welcome with no minimum age (receive a non-diver’s certification).
*The elective Digital Underwater Photography dive from the Advanced Open Water Diver course may be counted towards this specialty. You may also count this Speciality certification toward one of the five required Specialities for the Master Scuba Diver certification.
Snacks and drinks on boat trips (payable on the boat). Money for: CD for your underwater photos, T-shirts, Sweatshirts.
- For your personal safety, all student divers must complete amedical statement prior to commencing a dive. If none of the listed conditions apply, you sign the form and are ready to start. If any of them affect you, as a safety precaution, a physician must examine you and sign a medical form that confirming that you’re fit to dive, dated within the last 12 months. Click here to view the form.
- Our boat is in Kos harbour, 50 meters away from the Dolphins roundabout. And she departs every morning apart Sundays’ at around 10:00 a.m.
- Recommendations for flying after Scuba Diving: For 1 dive in a day the pre-flight time is 12 hours. For multiple dives in a day the pre-flight time is 18 hours and more.
- Spectators can join the boat with an additional fee of 20 €. They can sunbathe on our sundeck, swim in crystal clear waters, or even upgrade onboard to snorkelers or even try divers.
If you have already completed parts of your course in another location you can get your final training and certification here. Please contact us for rates.
Tips for Underwater Photography
- Before attempting to take pictures underwater, scuba divers must perfect their buoyancy skills. Mastering the ability to float neutrally in the water is essential to achieving good results. Be sure you have the correct weight and the proper BCD in order to achieve control of your buoyancy with the camera system you have.
- Know the animals and the environment you are going to photograph. It helps to participate in an AWARE Fish Identification or Underwater Naturalist Speciality course to learn how to find and understand the critters you are going to see.
- The deeper you go while scuba diving, the less light available for underwater photography. Along with the scuba gear required for these dives, plan to bring an external flash for your camera equipment to add back the light lost with depth. A PADI Digital Underwater Photographer course can show you how to effectively choose and use an underwater flash.